Re: Running In of New Tank

My understanding is diatom prefers lower light level.  Your
lighting looks adaqute, so in theory the diatom will eventually
be outcompeted by green algae and higher plants.

However, if you are impatient, diatom can be controlled
biologically by sucker mouth cat fish and snail.  For your
tank, probably three to four otto cats will do the job.

Louis

--
Louis Lin             lhclin at aw_sgi.com