Re: What is KNO3 & where can I find it? [was re: Green Water / BGA]

[SNIP]
Kevin wrote:
> I keep reading about adding nitrates to a tank and people suggesting KNO3.
> But, what is KNO3 and where can I get it?

It is Potassium (K) Nitrate (NO3).  You can find it at garden stores,
hydroponic stores, etc.  Very inexpensive.  Just mix up with water and
dose to your tank, watching nitrate levels with a test kit.

Cheers,

Mark
------
pearlsco at u_washington.edu
Complication, Depression and Stress have the power to put one on the
right track of life.