Re: DIY CO2 Diffuser

>Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 22:35:59 -0500 (EST)
>From: MidMOPub at aol_com
>Subject: DIY CO2 Diffuser
>
>I am interested in creating a DIY CO2 diffuser for my 125 gal planted tank.
>research the archives and found some very good examples. I am going to
>attempt to create a counter current reactor from a small power head and a
>uplift tube. Can anybody suggest powerhead? My initial plans require a
>reverse flow powerhead that has a adjustable flow rate so I can turn it
>waaaaay down to keep the co2 bubbles suspended in the water flow. Looking
>through the latest issue of That Fish Place left me unsure of which brand
>buy. I like the looks of the Marineland Penguin 660R with the pre-filter
>sponge, but it doesn't mention a adjustable flow rate! If anybody has a
>better design plus post it as well, I am not sold on this setup yet!
>
>Have a great week!     8-P
>
>Jeromy Shepherd
>  Clearwater, Fl
>(Still very warm!)
>
>------------------------------

Jeromy,

I have been contemplating doing the same.  I believe the 660R is just the
660 with the Penguin Reverse Flow Kit.  Since a 660 has adjustable flow rate
I assume the 660R does as well.

I am leaning toward the AquaClear 402 or 802 which both have reverse flow
selectors as well as adjustable flow rates.  However when in reverse flow
mode they only turn over about half the amount of water as in normal mode
(i.e. 402=270gph forward/125gph reverse; 802=400gph forward/175gph reverse)

Kevin Hanson