Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #1077

Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #1076
Augie wrote:

>  I understand that you are misquoted quite often, however, not this
>time. You were   responding to a question from Christopher Sprando
>concerning wet/dry filters and C02   on March 17, 1995. The first
>paragraph explained what a yeast reactor is, the second   and third told
>how to build one, and the fourth was your recipe: "The recipe I use is
>3 cups sugar, 2 teaspoons of yeast and fill to within 3" of the top with
>luke warm     water". The full text can be found at:
>www.athiel.com/lib/yeastrea.txt.

Hmmm.  That's very interesting, as I have not, to my knowledge, ever
visited Albert Thiel's web site before today.  When I _did_ visit his site
(using the address in your post) I saw the reference to yeast reactors that
you mention, but I did not see my name.  I certainly don't remember given
anyone permission to use anything of mine at that site.

I will reiterate that I don't currently, nor do I remember ever using 3
cups of sugar _or_ 2 tsp. of yeast in a yeast reactor.  I don't _think_
that even in a post I would have typed that, but I suppose there's always
the possibility that I hit wrong keys in both places... I usually don't
proof read posts are carefully as articles. (probably a mistake if people
are going to keep quoting me ;-)

BTW, my reference to being misquoted was a (little) joke.  As I told
whoever it was that misquoted me the day before, if people weren't reading
what I wrote, they couldn't mis-quote me.<g>

Oh, also, it would be great to know your real (or complete) name! :-)

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association