Re: Question for George Booth

> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 10:30:49 -0800 (PST)
> From: jjke at pacbell_net
>
> Very frequently I see suggestions of target Co2 concentrations of 15
> mgl.  for planted aquaria ... At what time of light day does one want
> to achieve an ideal 15 mgl?

It would be optimum to have it at 15 mg/l during the entire time to
support maximum growth.  This implies having it higher in the morning
so that it is 15 mg/l at its lowest.

But, of course, "15 mg/l" is just a happy wet-thumb number.  Where did
it come from -- something Horst and Kipper decided on in TOA?

If you have a CO2 controller, it is 15 mg/l (or whatever you want) all
the time (+/- a smidge, of course).

> What do you think, are daily pH swings a good diagnostic tool?

Very good observations! Yes, they are useful but few aquarists would
take the time to make careful and multitudinous measurements.

In my case, daily pH swings indicate my controller is busted.

George