blue green algae

Hi everybody,
                   I was searching the net for blue green algae and I found
this:

                  If your skin comes into contact with blue-green algae
through
                  showering , bathing, swimming, water-skiing and other
                  activities, your skin may become itchy and rashes may
form,
                  your lips may swell up, your eyes and ears may become
                  irritated, you may get a sore throat, and show signs of
                  hayfever and symptoms of asthma.

                   If you drink water with blue-green algae in it you may
get
                  nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, liver
problems
                  and muscle weakness. The more blue-green algae you drink,
                  the sicker you may become.

                  Toxins are not removed by boiling or by using household
                  disinfectant.

It says that blue-green algae is very toxic and can kill everything in a
water system like a river or a lake.
The problem is that a lot of different blue-green algae is known and a part
of this is not toxic. So I was trying to understand what kind of blue-green
algae we usually have in our aquariums, I was searching for the scientific
name.

Can anyone of you help me finding the name of the bacteria and do you have
some ideas on what I reported at the beginning of this mail?

Thanks
Simone Vicini (psvicini at mdnet_it)