Triton lights revisited

Last week, there was some discussion about Triton and other fluorescent
tubes.  Some people were going to email A. Exell in England with questions
about the bulb.  Did anyone get an answer?

I emailed him myself, asking about the discrepancy in sizes and features of
the different Tritons (he never answered).  For instance, the 24" and 48"
bulbs are T12s, whereas the 36" bulb is a T8.  This is important to me
because for some weird reason, the T12s work with my Rapidstart ballasts
and the T8's do not.  I like the Triton bulb and would like to use it on my
36" tank, but unless it comes in a T12 Rapidstart variety, I can't.  Anyone
know about this?

Roxanne Bittman
--
Please note new email address:
Roxanne Bittman, Botanist                    Natural Diversity Database