Heteranthera zosteriofolia

To:David Whittaker and Michael Eckardt
>Subject: Re: Heteranthera zosteriofolia

>>I need some help with H.z.!
>>New leaves grow green but as they become older, they turn black, as if they
>>were damaged somehow. They are in full light, and everything else in this
>>tank (2 dozen or so species) grows very well.
>>Could it be the current? Low Ca-levels? Too much iron (at .1-.2 ppm)? Any
>>ideas?

I have recently upped the current in my tank with a powerhead. All the
other plants seem to like it but the Star Grass leaf ends are now going
black. Don't think it likes being tossed in the current. I will move it
back, behind the power head and see what happens.

Olga
in cloudy moody Vancouver
and Hey! Why should Paul K. in Mississippi know about X-files? It's filmed
here in spooky Vancouver, you know. :) Anyone want David or Jillian's
autograph?? They are filming here at UBC all the time.