Open top or covered top plant tank????

What are the advantages and disadvantages of both an open and a covered
plant tank?

Assumptions (not good to assume but who cares):
-Advantages (Open top):
                1.  More light makes it into the tank
                2.  Better gas exchange
                3.  Plants can grow out
-Disadvantages (Open top):
                1.  Fish jump out
                2.  Greater water evaporation
                3.  Dust and air crud in tank
                4.  Blocks light going into tank

Thanks

Matthew T. Mason                            "I'm lonely now,
Doctoral Candidate                              and I don't know how
Department of Molecular Genetics      to get it back to good."
The Ohio State University                   -Back 2 Good,
mason.163 at osu_edu                          "Matchbox 20"