Identifying an algae eating carp

Hi all!  I was wondering if anyone could help me out with identifying
my new fish.  It was labeled in the store as a "Thailand Flying Fox Algae
Eater" and I think it might be an SAE.  It is very small, 1 1/2" in length
and fairly thin bodied.  It fits the description given in Liisa and Neil's
article on such fish.  So my questions are the following, it's dorsal
surface is nearly white, will this darken with age or is this indicative
of it being some other fish altogether?  Secondly, it shoals with my
harlequin rasboras, would this be typical behavior for an SAE?  The store
had only one, or I would have bought friends for it.

Thanks in advance,

Adeana