Re: Verilux bulbs

> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 02:38:02 -0500 (EST)
> From: Mark Lawrence Storch <mscc+@andrew.cmu.edu>
>
> Has anyone heard of a bulb called a verilux.  It has the usual
> advertising on the box, but the spectral curve was what interested me.
> It looked like on plateau with a near flat distribution over most of
> the visible range.  I am probably going to grab them from the hardware
> store, but I was curious if anyone has used them.  Thanks,

I bought one at a hydroponics store a few years ago.  Sounded good.
Turned out to be a yawner.  Not very bright. Color was so-so. Very
over-hyped.

I wonder if the same ad agency that does aquarium ads also does
hydroponics?

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at fii_com)
Need Info?  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts.htm
* Last update: 10/21/97