dupla CO2 tester

Hi there,
            I have one doubt regarding my Dupla CO2 tester.
I've been injecting CO2 for three days but the color of the tester says
that no CO2 is present in the water. My water has an hardness of 170-200
p.p.m. and
a temp of 27 °C no surface movement. I'm injecting a good amount of CO2,
and I'd like to know if it's normal at this hardness that my tester does
not work
I don't want to kill my fish with 100 p.p.m. or more of CO2.

The last thing. Anyone can tell me if my Osram lumilux is a good lamp for
plants?

Thanks
Simone Vicini (psvicini at mdnet_it)