Phosphate Concentrations in DIscus tank

> I have used Phosphate removing resins in the past but I would
>like my tank regime to be better to allow PO4 levels to stay low. A 50%
>water change is performed every two weeks.

I don't know how big your tank is, or how many Discus you have, but when I
kept 4 Discus in a 55G planted tank, I needed to do 50% water changes
_twice a week_ and still use phosphate removing resins to keep algae at
bay... and I fed more lightly than most "real" Discus people do.

Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association