Re: CO2 NEEDLE VALVES

> Hi again to all...
> i would like to know how much preasure does a CO2 tank give off..
> and the main reason why is because im planning to purchase a needle
> valve that can handle 2000 psi of preasure...its made of stainless
> steel and is about PhP 1200.00 thats about $35 ... and im planning
> to use a 300g tank which i use for my air gun..
>
> CAN I USE THIS... RESPONSE OR COMMENTS WILL BE APPRECIATED..
> THANKS
> MIKE CORDERO
>
> ------------------------------

Greetings Mike,
I feel that this needle valve might not really be suitable for CO2 as its
probably not
fine enough to give you the sort of control needed. I am not sure of your
terminology
when you state PhP, but you really need a valve that is in the order of a Cv of
0.02. The Nupro S valve has a Cv of 0.004 and it is great. The Nupro M has a Cv
of
0.015.  Both of the valves have a max inlet pressure of 2000 psi, (137 bar).
But
to get fine CO2 control, I wind our regulators down all the way to 4-6 psi
inlet pressure
to the valve, and get great control. Our valves drive bubble counters, so that
it is easy
for us to adjust the amount of CO2 we are putting into our tanks.

Regards.
Marque.
Brisbane, Australia.