Turtles and Plants

I recently converted a 20 gallon long into a turtle tank for my 8 year old
daughter. (She has wanted turtles for years). Of course I can't stand the
site of a tank with no plants in it. :-( The pet store had suggested
Anacharis but these are Musk Turtles, they said to keep them at 80 degrees
and 80 degrees and Anacharis just don't go together. The pet people said
the turtles do like Anacharis.

Any suggestions for any other plants? Are there any to stay away from that
might be poisonous? Any other fast growers the turtles might like that
like warmer temperatures?

      -Gerry Skau
       In 50 degree Ann Arbor where it looks like summer is gone for good.