Iron

Martyn wrote:

>I am using a Sera test kit. When adding PMDD at recommended dosage to
>100L RO during water changes my test kit registers zero ppm iron.

I have concluded the Sera iron kit is useless after obtaining both Hach
and LaMotte kits and testing a series of reference solutions.  Just
throw it away.  FWIW, in my view you just need enough iron to keep the
plants greened up and not chlorotic looking.  Even with good test kits,
my iron levels often read close to zero or zero and I generally use
quite recommended amounts of fertilizer.

Regards, Steve Dixon