MTS's Disturbing Substrates

I am considering getting Malaysian Trump. Snails for my new 75g Discus
tank.  Will they dig into the gravel far enough to disturb laterite in
the lower third of the substrate? Also, is there anyway that they can
coexist with Clown Loaches?  I've heard that the Clowns, which I have
had for years, are great snail eaters, but I'm curious if, because MTSs
burrow, they can reach an equilibrium with their predators.

Ryan
In the throes of unflinching summer in Durham,NC
--
Ryan Murray
rmm at acpub_duke.edu