Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #991

Peter W O'Dwyer jnr wrote:

>I have a 120gal Planted Aquarium.

<snip description of tank>

> All my systems seemed Hodge Podged.  Admittedly, Plant growth is not
optimum.  Would >like to automate the entire system using one solution.

>I have been considering building my own using an inexpensive PC,

<snip>

>I am also considering one of the Controllers manufactured by Aquadyne,
>specifically, the AquaNode 500.

I can't answer any of your questions about fully automating your system.
What I _can_ tell you is that a completely automated system won't grow
plants any better than the person who sets up the system.  You still have
to learn the basics, and meet all the needs of your plants before you will
have good growth.
Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association