Re: Pinpoint pH Meters

>Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 22:03:41 +0100
>From: A M Moore <andy at ascot_u-net.com>
>Subject: Pinpoint PH Meters
>
>Does anyone know if the standard Pinpoint PH meter probe can be replaced
>with one of a better quality ? I understand that the standard probes are
>only designed to last a couple of years at best.

Buying a "better" electrode won't necessarily help you here.  This is true
of any glass membrane pH electrode.  By their very nature the glass
membrane slowly deteriorates over time.  This typically results in
non-linear and/or erratic behavior depending on the extent of
deterioration.  Even the "best" pH electrodes need to be properly
maintained, and periodically replaced.

--Bill