Temperature effect on dissolved gas in water

I was reading the latest Aquatic Gardeners Association's Jounal and I came
across this article about substrate of Planted tank. It was stated that
gas( oxygen and CO2) will not dissolved  properly  if the water temperature
of water is too warm. I presume that that will mean the PH will be high and
alot of CO2 will be wasted into the atmosphere and algea will grow. Does
anybody have any idea of this???

 Has anybody ever use the gravel heating cable and what sort of effect does
it have on planted aquarium??