Malachite Green

Yep, I asked my Son tonight - he is working on a phD in Chemistry - "out of
the clear blue sky" what Malachite Green was. "It is a dye. Actually, a
family of dyes. Here," he said, pulling out a big reference book, "Here is
the way the molecule is put together," and pointed to a very interesting
diagram which looked to ME like the old Benzene Ring structure, several
hooked together. Then he told me which atom was connected to which, and how
the connection was made.

Shucks.  I always thought it was a Copper compound too. Next I think I will
hear that Formalin is not Formalin in Quick Cure!!

Sometimes this List is fun, as well as informative!

Cheers!

Jean Olson
JOlson8590 at AOL_com
Out in the Boonies, near