Cichlids and plants (was: Re: Black algae)

> As far as cichlids and plants: I should have mentioned that I was
> interested in Central or South American cichlids and not Africans.  If
> anyone out there has had success with keeping CA or SA cichlids in a
> planted aquarium, please let me know.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ken Guin
> Kenguin at erols_com

I have Jack Dempseys in a tank planted with swords and jungle val.  .
They weren't interested in the plants as food; the only problem is
keeping the fish from digging up the plants.  The plants are surrounded
with large rocks, so the fish don't bother them much.  Planting away
from the fishes territory helps too.

Raven