RE: SunFish and BlueGills

>In a message dated 97-09-24 01:03:18 EDT, Bob Dixon writes:
>

><<They are best kept chilled, but seem to di okay up to around
>76 degrees.  Above that and they do not usually get enough oxygen to survive
>(As temp rises, metabolic rate increases, and available dissolved oxygen
decreases). >>

	Correct me if I am mistaken, but doesn't warm water hold MORE oxygen
than cold water?  Is this not the reason that recommended stocking
levels are lower for coldwater fish than for tropicals?  I can
understand the metabolic rate of the fish going up with water
temperature and coldwater fish not liking high temperatures, but this
seems "fishy"...;>

Kevin Murphy

"I know nothing.  That which I believe is mostly wrong, and subject to