Re: Bending plastic tubing

Mark wrote

>I am planning on setting up multiple plant tanks on central
filtration.
>These will be nursery tanks as well as display tanks.  My problem is
>creating the U-tube for the overflows.  Has anyone bent clear rigid
>tubing with success.  I always tend to make it collapse or distort.
 An
>easy method would be greatly appreciated.  Also, does anyone have
design
>tips for overflows (in general)?

You might try the springs they sell for bending copper tubing. They
are about a foot long and they are designed to slip over copper tubing
so you can bend it without kinking. I don't know how the copper tubing
and plastic tubing OD's line up.  The set I have has 6 different
sizes. I don't know if you can only buy one size.