Re: Softened Water

>Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 23:08:35 -0600
>From: Samir Makar <smakar at cableregina_com>
>Subject: Softened Water
>
>Hi,
>I know that there is some controversy regarding UG filers and planted
>tanks.  But when it comes to softened water, it seems unanimous.

Samir,

Unanimity doesn't make something true.  Besides, the prohibition against
softened water may not be as unanimous as you think.  ;-)

>I pleased with
>the results, especially since experimenting with DIY CO2 and PMDD.  Am I
>lucky, or just not realizing my full potential.

Well, if you're happy with the results, does anything else really matter?

>Does anyone know how much Sodium is being put into the water.

That, of course, depends on the hardness of your feed water, which you
didn't tell us.

--Bill