"Rainbow" algae eating shrimp

>Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 18:17:34 -0400 (EDT)
>From: MMacG1167 at aol_com
>Subject: "Rainbow" algae eating shrimp
>
>them? Are they better than other types? Will they eat thread algae?

I believe there are a few variety of algae eating shrimps. I,too,haven't
heard about the "rainbow" shrimps but if the staff are reliable as u've
said,then i guess it'll be good to try them out (or u could ask for your
money back! ) ;-)
As for the thread algae,i'm pretty convinced that the Rosy Barb eats these!
I've seen mine literally tear out the thread algae and "chomp" away on
it...after a day in a 2.5 gal tank,all the longer thread algae have
disappeared.
Give it a try,the Rosy Barb :-)

Khew

http://www.singnet.com.sg/~khewss/