Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #967

Marque,

I find that with underdosing of KNO3 I have a little BGA growth.  With
correct dosing, I have a little soft green spot algae.  I dose slightly
higher than that to get a bit more of the green spot algae (for happy
Ottos).

RE: Nitrate Vacuum

With no nitrates, you can assume that it has become your limiting (or
close enough to matter really) nutrient.  Phosphates would only rise in
accordance with the supplus phosphates per time.  In other words, the
excess phosphate is what would accumulate.  By making sure there is always
a nitrate reading, you are making some other nutrient the new limiting
factor (hopefully phosphate).

Cheers,

Mark
------
pearlsco at u_washington.com
The more people I meet, the more I like my plants...