Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #963

Jeremy,
I'm not so sure I would quickly discount the substrate heating for your
140g setup.  I am by no means an expert, but the past month I've been
pouring over all kinds of internet and published sources that favor that
approach.  Admittedly, the cost is up there, but I just proved (using
these same sources) that a $60 DIY substrate heating operation is
possible--down to the exact timer purchased at Walmart!  BTW, I used the
low wattage Resler-Behle plan that can be found (along with others) at:
http://www.actwin.com/cgi-bin/aarchive/KribText/Plants/Tech/Resler-Cables/cables.T

(It turned out to be a very interesting project--if you have the time!)
Tom Petersen
peter334 at gold_tc.umn.edu