Care and refrigerating of A. Crispus

> Date: Sun, 14 Sep 1997 20:21:33 -0600
> From: George Booth <booth at frii_com>
> Subject: Re: Beautiful above the water
[...]
> Most of the Aponogeton species will produce emersed flowers.

I have half a dozen specimens of A. Crispus which have recently flowered.
Subsequently, the leaves have begun to brown.

The "Fishkeeper's Guide to Aquarium Plants" says this:

"After growing strongly for 6 to 9 months, the plant sheds the larger
leaves, retaining only the smaller basal ones.  At this point, remove the
plants from the aquarium and store them in cooler water at about 10 degrees
C.   After a period of about two months replace the plants in the aquarium
and they should grow away strongly again."

Are people actually doing this?  (How cold is a typical fridge?)

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://home.istar.ca/~fir