New Setup Question

     I am setting up a new 25gal tank.  I will be running 110W of compact
     fluorescents raised 5 inches above the tank through a glass cover, CO2
     injection, and a ehiem 2215 for filtration.

     Qestions:

     1.  Is laterite the substrate fertilizer of choise??

     2.  What should I layer the ehiem with??  (peat, filter floss,
     prefilter blocks, etc)??  And in what order??

     3.  If I decide to keep a couple of Discus, is their anything I should
     avoid given the higher temps they perfer??

     4.  Any other comments would greatly be appreciated!!

     Thanks for any info.

     Boris