H2S good or bad >> discus in humic water?

I don't know what humic water is, but i do know that discus keepers like
to filter their water through peat to get the tannic acids (i am not sure
if this is the appropriate word?) and thus make the water tinted brown,
resembling the water that discus come from (Amazon).  I also know that
the water is almost zero in conductivity in the discus' habitat water.

Larry, are you already on the discus-l.  it is a list like this
one, you should ask your question there too.  There are lots of experts on
the list.

The address to subscribe:

listserv at mitvma_mit.edu

in the body put <subscribe discus-l> followed with your name and e-mail
address

Le Minh Tran