Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #946

Al Paglieri wrote:

> They have a double polo light with quick start ballast on sale for 94.99 CND.
>
> Is this a good deal?  I've come to the understanding that even if i want to
> keep a few low light plants in my 90 gal tank, the current one polo light
> with 40w wide spectrum Sylvania bulb is not enough.  So i am considering
> adding the above double polo light.

I see you got hooked on plants now ;).

Generally speaking, aquarium specific lightings have very high mark ups.  If
you
can do a little wiring youself, shop lights (twin bulb is around ~$20 Cdn)
can be used to light your aquarium.  You can use the $74.99 saved to make a
nice hood.

If you are going to grow plants that require more than minimal light
(that includes many stem plants), I will suggest you to get at least 4 bulbs
on your 90gal.  More if you plan to add CO2.

Louis Lin