Nupro Needle Valves

> From: "Frank I. Reiter" <FIR at istar_ca>
>
> I picked up a couple of these for my two tanks recently.  I noted in the
> paperwork that these valves are designed not to close completely, so I
> added a couple shutoff valves as well strictly for ON/OFF control.
>
> I discovered, to my dismay, that the fully closed position on the Nupro
> valves yield to many bubble per second to count at 10 psi, and I have had
> to resort to playing (tediously) with the (rather course) shutoff valves to
> get it down to a couple bubbles per second.

When I first bought mine, I had a similar experience.  But it turns out
you can adjust the "fully closed" by moving the knob.  loosen it with a
hex key, and move it further up, and you'll be able to tighten it much
further.

IMHO, the nupro valve is actually a little bit of an overkill for this
application.  You get MUCH finer control than you need.  The $13 NO1 (from
ARO; yes it is still being made!) does the job quite reasonably as well.

  - Erik

---
Erik D. Olson					         amazingly, at home
eriko at wrq_com