Planting Riccia

I finally got my hands on some Riccia and am wondering if anybody has tried
planting it using the small slotted plastic pots.  I thought that if I
inverted the pots after filling about halfway with Riccia that I could
simply set the pots in the substrate and have the Riccia grow through the
slots.  This seems to me to be a very easy way to keep the Riccia down and
planted where I want it.

This is what I did with the Riccia last night when getting it home, but if
I am asking for trouble let me know as I don't want to kill it off either:)

Cathy Maynard