MH costs

Hello Steve,

  There is a guy that pops up on rec.aquaria.marketplace every so often with
5500K bulbs for $40.  His name is Jack Cherniva (spelled horribly).  I would
definitely use at least 5500K bulbs.  You can also buy 1 yr old or even 6
month old bulbs off a reefkeeper as the replacement schedule for freshwater
isn't as stringent as for reefs.  I would figure that a 6500K bulb would be
usable until it finally burned out and most reefkeepers get rid of them
after 1 yr.

regards,
Roni