Re: Setting up tank

Michael Potts wrote
>My idea was to either hook up a reptile undertank heater pad to a
>thermostatic control or to put a heater in a small sump and use a
>pump to pump the water through thin copper tubing buried in the
>gravel. Which would work better? Would the copper tubing cause any
>problems?

I doubt that either would work very well and the copper tubing might
kill your fish. If you search for DIY substrate heating you will find
postings on  how to put together a substrate heating system that cost
very little.  I contructed one for my 55G tank,  it works very well
and cost about $25.
Jim Spencer   Sayre, PA
jrs at cyber-quest_com