Cardinal tetras in planted tanks

Heidi asked "the experts" why her cardinal tetras hide in dark corners...

I am not an expert, but have had about 20 cardinal tetras in a heavily planted, 75 gallon tank with 3 watts per gallon
for about a year. I have not noticed a problem with them. They have grown and are extremely colorful. Mine school
all over, and in fact, seem frequently to be near one end of the tank which gets the most light. (This is probably
because this is where I feed them!) My tank is a partition between to rooms, so there is not a "front and back", but
there are a few very dark corners. My cardinals don't seem to collect in these.

I would be interested in hearing the opinion of others.

Richard Denney
rdenney at ibm_net