Hydra like things...

Anyone have experience with some hydra like organisms.  I have found
some in my tank after adding some new plants (un-diped) and they have
appeared to increased in number.

They are light yellow/green in color.  They seem to grow on a shared
stalk like some marine polyps, and one little guy is at each node.  Size
is about <1/4" tall.  The shared stalk is about the size of a human hair
(though a little smaller).  I can definitely see their little arms when
they are in the water.  I've yanked them out, but saved them (as I'm not
quite sure if I want them or not).

Any ideas about how they would affect fish?  Any idea of a name for
them?  Any other info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark
------
pearlsco at u_washington.edu
How much does a fish need a bicycle like a man needs... ?