Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #896

In a message dated 97-08-16 02:12:01 EDT, JR wrote:

<< So basically what I decided on was to utilize drawer slides (fairly
 inexpensive). This will enable me to slide the fluor fixtures from back to
 front, thereby enabling easy access for feeding, cleaning, pruning, etc >>

I've done something similar over a 300 gallon tank.  I purchased industrial
drawer slides from Graingers for a free-standing tank that acts like a room
divider.  The guides could hold my weight if needed and allow me to slide a
large center section of the hood containing all lighting equipment completely
off the tank.  The ends of the hood remain attached to the tank stand to
support the "drawer" while it is open.  Maintenance is a breeze.

Pete Mohan