Re: Ick

I have personally used this method, and only caused minor damage to some
temperature sensitive plants like parrot's feather (Myrophylum sp.).
After
the treatment, the plants recovered.
Raise the temperature, for ten to fourteen days to about 90F and hold
it.
The ick will die, and if you keep plenty of circulation, the fish will
do fine. The danger of course is the low oxygen concentration.
This takes you through the life cycle and the fungus that causes
ich dies at temperatures approaching 90F.
The fish will want to eat more, in the higher temperature, due to
higher metabolism. Of course don't try this with cold water species.
There used to be a web site by a vetinarian, with the whole story of
freshwater ick and the cure. However I can't seem to find the URL, using
several search engines. YMMV

--
Email: pacneil at home_com
Neil Schneider	 	* The Feynman problem solving Algorithm