DIY CO2

Can anyone answer the following problem I am having with DIY CO2
generator:

I use the formulas found in the FAQ, on this list, and in rec.aquaria
newsgroups. Each time I set it up, it gives off plenty of bubbles
through the airstone, and then stops after 2 days. At that point if I
shake the bottle I get a large surge of gas through the airstone, and
then again nothing. There is a good seal at the top, and no leaks.
   What am I doing wrong, and how can I correct it?
   Please answer either e-mail or to this Aquatic Plants Digest.

harold at azpedeye_com