Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #855

On 07/25/97 at 03:48 p, Poseidon (Aquatic Plants Digest) asks:

>>the "air space" at the top will fill with CO2,
>> driving out the O2 and your fish will suffocate.

>Wouldn't this require a completely closed canopy?

No, mine had a 2" wide slot down the length of the tank (about 15%
of the top open) and I lost everything but the catfish.  Including a
beautiful 4.5" SAE, a breeding pair of koi angels, a breeding pair
of kribs, a breeding pair of H cristatus, and a bunch of other fish.
Damn! --

Dave Gomberg, FormMaestro!                     http://www.wcf.com
 gomberg at wcf_com
  Help stop Internet spam! Join CAUCE:   http://www.cauce.org/