Re: White Light

On  Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:45:50 -0700
healer <healer at global_california.com>  wrote:

> White light is composed of three primary colors - red, green, and blue.
> Secondary colors are formed by mixing two of the primaries: cyan - green
> and blue, magenta - red and blue, and yellow - red and green.

White light is actually composed of light having
wavelengths that vary continuously between about 400 and 700 nanometers.
Because human eyes use only three different color photoreceptors that have
broad and overlapping absorbances, the makers
of computer monitors can use only three phosphors emitting at wavelengths that
match those of peak absorbances of the photoreceptors.

> Hey, I actually remembered something from physics class and it was
> useful instead of boring info.
>
> healer

If you're still in school, be sure to pay attention.  Maybe next time you'll
get it right.

--
Curtis Hoganson        Dept. of Chemistry, Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824                517-355-9715 ext 260