Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #849

<< A properly done substrate with heating coils will support good initial
 growth WITHOUT massive releases of phosphates and nitrates and will be
 sustainable over the long run because the convection currents will
 bring nutrients back into the substrate to replace those used by the
 plants.

O.K. George, I am interested in doing this. I get so many conflicting ideas
out there!
What is your version of a "properly done" substrate? Thanks for any and all
input.
Kim
P.S. Please, anyone who has any advice is welcome to post it. I will be
setting up two tanks all over again, so I can do anything I'd like to with
them. I want something that will work well, not promote tooo much algae, and
won't cost a whole lot. (I do know where I can get the cable heater cheaply)
 Thanks