Re: digitizing video images of plants

>Date: Mon, 21 Jul 97 16:27:10 PST8
>From: spushak at CCGATE_HAC.COM
>
>I have a VHS camcorder and heard that it's possible to convert images
>into binary format for computers. Anybody know how that works? Also
>curious about how to convert regular photos to digital format. You
>know, the Krib could use a lot more nice pictures of many kinds of
>plants. I don't know if there's lots of room on the disk or not; Erik?
>
>Also, has anybody seen emersed Elodea? What does it look like?

I have a device that plugs in to your parallel port, called a Snappy.
Using it and the software supplied with it, you can get high-quality stills
from any video source.  Snappy costs $200 just about everywhere I've seen,
although some places like CostCo might still have Snappy with the 1.0
software version for $125.

I have several shots of my tank captured with a snappy at:
http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb/aquarium

David W. Webb           Texas Instruments
(972) 575-3443 (voice)  http://www.dallas.net/~dwebb
(214) 581-2380 (pager)  2145812380 at alphapage_airtouch.com