Re: Cheap Substrate Heating

> >And, of course, you would have a problem with brown algae build up unless
> >you used sterlized water and somehow kept it sterilized.
>
> Could be a problem.  Solutions might involve adding something to the water
> in the sealed system to keep the algae down.

That could probably be solved by adding swimming pool chlorine into the closed
system from time to time.  It may be a bad idea to keep the chlorine there all
the time as I believe it is quite corrosive (imagine a leak).

However, wouldn't it be easier to take a long iron/steel wire, coil it around
the heater on one end and bury the rest of wire into the substrate.  Also,
multiple wires can be used to evenly distrubute the heat.