Cheap substrate heating?

I was just sitting around looking at my fish tank and thought of a way to
do cheap substrate heating.  How about taking some silicon air line and
have that in the substrate, then hook up a small (really small) powerhead
or something to circulate water, and wrap some of the air line around our
so many flourcent light balasts.  We would be able to heat the substrate
and cool the balast at the same time!  All this for a fraction of the cost
of a substrate heating device.

PLEASE NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS
|  220 HP 89 Conquest TSi   Powered By HKS    PIAA 670 Watts of Ion       |
|  Power for speed!!!!      "Life begins at 130!"                         |
|  HKS, Brembo, GTX, MSD, K&N, NGK, Eibach, Tokico, Optmia       150 Mph  |
|  JL Audio, PPI, MB Quart, Audio Control, Pioneer               118dB    |
|  87 S-10 Blazer "Timberland Edition"        PIAA 680 Watts              |
|  Over 6 Feet tall, maybe 7 some day???                                  |
|  TrailMaster, K&N, GTX, Optmia, Moda by BBS, Goodyear, B&M              |
|  Enegry Suspension, Rancho, Recaro, PIAA, Hella                         |
|  JL Audio, PPI, MB Quart, Audio Control, Pioneer, Street Wires          |
|  Tony Tam                         tamx0004 at tc_umn.edu                   |
|  Please stop by my page "http://www.tc.umn.edu/~tamx0004"               |