KMnO4

>>From: "Wang" <wang at owt_com>
>>To: <Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com>
>>Subject: Potassium permanganate
>>Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 18:53:09 -0700
>>
>>I read that potassium permanganate is good for killing parasites in
>>pond/fountain water without hurting the fish.  No swimming pool supplier or
>>landscaping supplier around here has it because it can also be explosive in
>>the wrong conditions and amounts.  Could you tell me where I can obtain
>>KMnO4 before the fish die?  Thank you.
>>
>>Sincerely,
>>Jenee

In my country, potassium permanganate is available in any drugstore down
the street. It, indeed, can be used for building explosives - which we did
when being kids :-)) Try searching the web, and you’ll certainly be able to
find it - I saw it in some mail order places, but I don’t remember which.

- Vahe