Re: GE 'Sunshine' bulbs

Michael wanted to know if Sunshine bulbs were available.

Here in Northwestern Wisconsin these bulbs are readily avaiable at Farm &
Fleet and Menards (the midwests' answer to Home Depot).

I've also used the GE Daylight Ultra and Plant & Aquarium bulb, both with
excellent results and both with $6.00 to $7.00 price tags.  The Daylight
Ultra is a brighter bulb initially (3050 lux vs 2050).

While neither of these bulbs compare with the VHO Aquasuns that I used,
either in color rendition or brightness, their price tags allow for
frequent changing, and the plants - and algae - grow just a wee bit slower.

Augustine Rodriguez
Elk Mound, WI, USA