about that CO2 mixture

 Luvskribs at aol_com wrote:

>Andy, for your Co2, you might want to give the yeast method a try: It's
>Cheap!!
>Use aquarium sealant to make all of this airtight:
>Make a hole in a 2 liter coke bottle's cap and insert a piece of airline.
>Mix up about 1 cup sugar and 2 cups hot water - use a funnel to add straight
>to the coke bottle. Swirl to dissolve.
>Fill the coke bottle about 2/3 way with cooler water.
>Add about 2 tsp active dry yeast to some warm water (1 cup) and dissolve.
<snip>

Andy,

I couldn't help correcting this advice. Definately don't use HOT water --
just luke warm and the tried and true mix is:
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 cups luke warm water.

All the rest is the same. This mixture, if well sealed, will last for about
3-4 weeks.

Olga
in Vancouver where it is warm and sunny.